Legislative briefing byState Senator Cyrus Habib andState Rep. Joan McBride.Endorsements(All PCOs/members may vote)Note the change in day and date from our usual Third Wednesday meeting date.The meeting was changed by members’ vote to accommodate the Board of Elections candidates’ publication deadline on Wednesday 5/20.
7:00 PM Check-in
Northwest Arts Center, 9825 NE 24th St., Bellevue. Doors open 6:45.
7:10 Call to order, approval of agenda and minutes.
Legislative briefing by Cyrus and Joan (Rep. Ross Hunter met with us via Skype in April.)
Courtesies: CD and organizational updates, first requests for our endorsement, etc.
- Our Bylaws require a previous appearance by a candidate or representative requesting our endorsement to be considered for endorsement at tonight’s meeting.
- Candidates qualifying for consideration at tonight’s meeting:
- Candidates for King County Auditor: Lloyd Hara (incumbent) and John Wilson.
- King County Council: Claudia Balducci.
- Bellevue City Council: Vandana Slatter.
- Kirkland City Council: Shelley Kloba.
- King County Superior Court Judges: Samuel S. Chung, Veronica A. Galvan, and Janet M. Nelson (incumbents appointed by Gov. Inslee to vacated positions). Judge Nelson was sworn in last week and was inadvertently omitted in our newsletter from the list of candidates who have appeared at prior meetings to request our endorsement.On-going and new business will be deferred until June except for any PCO appointments presented by our First Vice Chair for approval.Good of the Order and Adjournment.