Who we are
The LD 48 Dems are the Democratic Party organization for the 48th Legislative District of Washington State. We are the grassroots Democrats in the neighborhoods of the 520 corridor and west Lake Sammamish, including Clyde Hill, Medina, Hunts Point, Yarrow Point, and portions of Bellevue, Redmond, and Kirkland.
We are a contact point for volunteers, community activists, and issue-based organizations. Our Precinct Committee Officers mobilize and organize support for progressive issues and candidates for city and county government and our State Legislature — where so many of the critical decisions which affect our daily lives are made.
What we do
- Recruit, train and mobilize Precinct Committee Officers.
- Recruit and campaign for candidates for city, county, and state offices who exemplify progressive values.
- Recruit and mobilize volunteers and resources for critical campaigns.
- Coordinate with candidates’ campaigns and other Democratic and community organizations to work for the election of Democrats to State and National offices.
- Assist 48th District voters by carefully evaluating candidates and issues and publishing our endorsements.
Our operational expenses are supported entirely by our membership dues. Proceeds from other contributions and fund-raisers are dedicated to our political campaign costs and, as often as we can, we make modest contributions to some candidates in critical elections. We comply carefully with Washington Public Disclosure Commission regulations.